If you are still using Magento 1 and want to migrate to Magento 2 because of the Magento 1’s EOL in June 2020, but are confused about how much is it going to cost you and how much time will it take? Don’t worry. We are here to clear all the confusion about that.
As Magento is going to end support for Magento 1, every Magento 1 user has to migrate to Magento 2 sooner or later. The community members have widely accepted and appreciated the Magento 2 since its launch in 2015. Most of the members have already made the switch but there are still many left with Magento 1. They do want to migrate to Magento 2 but their big concern is the time and cost.
Today, we are going to break up the cost and timeline of Magento 2 migration. First, let’s see the break up of cost,
- The license fee for Magento Commerce/Cloud edition (Open Source or formerly Known as Community edition is free to use)
- Cost for data importing to Magento 2
- Cost for 3rd party extension integration
- Theme building cost
- Customization and added functionality cost
- Partner agency cost
The time taken to migrate from Magento 1 to Magento 2 depends upon your store’s data, third party themes and extensions, and skill of the developers you hire. Below we have given a break up of how much time it will take to migrate a basic store,
1) Data migration – 2 to 3 weeks,
2) Third-party extension integration – 1 to 2 weeks,
3) Theme building and customization – 3 to 4 months,
4) Code customization added functionality – a few days to 1 week,
5) Setup and installation – 1 to 2 days,
6) Testing of whole migration – 1 to 2 weeks
So, your whole store will migrate in almost 2 to 3 months. Read this article to know each step of cost and time for Magento 2 migration in detail.