Magento 2, after its launch in 2015, took the eCommerce industry by storm. It became the most desirable platform for anyone to build their eCommerce store. It has numerous advantages and features than its predecessor Magento 1. Magento 1, which was a global leader, now comes to end its run. As Magento has announced that it will shut its doors for Magento 1 in June 2020, it leaves no choice to Magento 1 user to switch to Magneto 2. But before you do so, there are certain things that you should consider before migrating to Magneto 2 such as system requirements.
Below is a list of things you should consider before migrating to Magento 2,
- The difficulty of the overall migration process
- Safely importing data and media files
- Migration and customization of theme and extensions
- Know your store from Inside out
- Difficulty in SEO performance
- Website performance errors
- System and server requirements
You should not overlook these things, otherwise, it may harm your migration process. It is essential that you should pay attention to every detail and know how to avert them as well. To know more in-depth about these things read this article on system requirements and things to consider before migrating to Magento 2.